Free Up System
To free up system memory and to make your computer start faster:
1. Press Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Information.
2. At the top of the page you will see a tab titled "Tools". Choose it.
3. Scroll down to System Configuration Utility and choose it.
4. Choose the tab titled "Startup".
5. Listed, you will see everything that boots up (starts) whenever you start Windows. Most of
these are in the system tray (where the clock is) or running in the background.
6. Uncheck the programs that you don't want to load when Windows starts. Most of them slow
down your computer and take up system memory.
7. Listed on the right side of the window you will see where the programs are installed.
8. I don't recommend un-checking too many. Un-checking too many will result in your computer
not starting properly. Some of them Windows must have running.
Back To Windows 98 Main Page