How To Stop Windows
From Asking For A
Logon Name And
Password At Startup
Does the constant request for a password at startup tick you off? Have you been trying to figure out how to disable it? Well, here is how:
1. Disable multiple user profiles. Choose Start \ Control Panel \ Passwords applet.
2. Choose the User Profiles tab at the top.
3. Choose All users of this computer use the same preferences and desktop settings. Choose OK.
4. In the Control Panel, choose the Network applet. Set the "Primary Network Logon" to "Windows
Logon"". Choose OK.
5. Reboot the computer. This time when it requests a password, leave the password line empty and
choose Enter. Next time you start your computer it won't ask for the password.
Back To Windows 98 Main Page