Using The Taskbar
The taskbar is versatile enough to meet your every need. To customize the taskbar so you can do everything from one place, including starting programs, viewing documents, and surfing the Internet:
To create a toolbar from the Windows list:
1. Right mouse click on open spot on the taskbar and choose Toolbars.
2. Choose the type of toolbar you want to add (Address for Internet access, Links for access to your
Favorites, Desktop for items on the desktop, or Quick Launch bar for quick access to frequently
To create your own toolbar from any folder:
1. Right mouse click on open spot on the taskbar, choose Toolbars, and choose New Toolbar.
2. Browse for and select a folder on the list. The folder will be added to the toolbar.
3. Choose OK.
To remove a toolbar from the taskbar:
1. Right mouse click on open spot on the taskbar.
2. Remove the checkmark next to the item you want to remove.
To move the taskbar:
1. Find a spot on the taskbar that's empty.
2. Left mouse click on that spot, keeping the button depressed.
3. Drag the taskbar to the right of the screen, left side, or top, and release the mouse button.
To resize the taskbar (make it more than one row):
1. Place the mouse cursor on the top edge of the taskbar until you see a double edged arrow.
2. Left mouse click it and hold it down while you slide the cursor until you get the taskbar the size you
Back To Windows 98 Main Page